There have now been sufficient positive responses to the invitation to Let’s Get Visceral in the Immernet to be able to proceed!
Overview of the exercise:
Open-ended, however I am hoping to gain some or all of the following:
To explore & analyse the criteria, experience, qualities and value of:
– Some of the learning archetypes at work, particularly Avatar Persona & Role Play
– Noticing the comparitive degrees of immersion, suspension of disbelief (#SoD), narrative and reflection between interacting via my avatar in the first or 3rd person e.g. through its eyes or watching it (as ‘a highly vested voyuer’ Learning in 3D p.93).
– I think the intellectual aspects of immersive learning are becoming clearer as we progress. I am interested in further unfolding more of an understanding of the ’emotional’ in the ‘emotional & intellectual investment’ ibid p.92.
Noticing the interplay of the learning domains of Agency, Exploration, Experience & Connectedness.
What else would you like to suggest…
– Platform: Quake Live mmolrp platform ( http://bit.ly/8Yc4KA ).
The reasons for choosing this platform for the excercise are as follows:
– Works via browser
– Life ‘n’ death: there is alot at stake for you as your avatar and your team.
– Convincing graphics.
– At least two sessions will be played
2)Capture the flag
– We will use also communicate via live audio through the Shell Meetme bridge.
– Following the sessions there will be a discussion and brief report to feed back into the Lin3Drg group
– Next steps:
1. Sign up at http://bit.ly/letsgetvisceral
2. Create your avatar
3. Take the 20-30 minute guided tutorial
4. Indicate your preferred days/time for participation at: http://bit.ly/cSRczx – All welcome!